Clutter, Chaos, and Cardboard Boxes

 

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter C

Last September I moved from a small place to an even smaller place. It was for a good reason, and I'm happy about it, but there's nothing like moving house to make a person realise how much stuff has accumulated over the years. 

Even after getting rid of more than half of it, it's still a struggle to find room for the rest in the new place. But I haven't given up anything that I miss, so what was all that extra? It was “filler”. Excess baggage. Unnecessary detail. 


Yes, I'm editing my possessions like a draft of a novel. It's always interesting to me when writing advice has a wider application.The focus on editing in this entry, though, means that I've come to the end of what I wanted to say, so I'll stop.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of downsizing as an editing exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete